|Paramore's Hayley Williams.|
- My Chemical Romance- The five-piece New Jersey sensations, My Chemical Romance supported American Red Cross’ recovery efforts in Japan, following the earthquake and tsunami of March 2011, with the re-release of single, Sing and the #SINGItForJapan campaign. Hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-CpQ_fJeK4
- Paramore- The female-fronted pop-punk superstars endorse To Write Love On Her Arms, a charity supporting sufferers of addiction, depression and self-harm. Paramore proudly wear To Write Love On Her Arms merchandise for photo-shoots and gigs to spread the word.
- Linkin Park- The New-Metal gods founded the charitable organization, Music for Relief, originally founded in the wake of the Indian Ocean Tsunami, which provides relief for victims of natural disasters and raises awareness of global warming.
- The Used- In 2005 The Used collaborated with My Chemical Romance to cover Queen and David Bowie’s hit song, ‘Under Pressure’ for tsunami relief as a part of their contribution to Music For Relief. Watch the live video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZev4cC7Qzg Or the studio version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adrjxbVOtXk
- Green Day- The political kings of punk-rock paid tribute to the late artist, Amy Winehouse at a charity gig for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, where they performed their newly-penned song ‘Amy’. Directly naming the artist and comprising of touching lyrics such as “May I have this last dance, by chance if we should meet? Can you write me a lullaby? So we can sing you to sleep.” (Source: http://www.hotnewsonglyrics.com) The only available recordings of this are relatively low quality, but the best one I could find is linked here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRSqMNM2WE8